Re: Aptitude crashing

Hi,

David Hiran Watson wrote:
> Hi, has anyone else experienced aptitude randomly crashing with
> SIGSV errors?

Yeah. Sometimes 10 times while downloading the package lists, then 10
times using it without any crash.

There's one bug report which is probably related, although it's slightly
different from what I noticed:

But I guess with random crashes, in the beginning you see patterns
which aren't there.

> I'm running ksbd as a guest in VirtualBox, so I'm not
> sure if the issue is with the vm or kbsd. But I don't seem to have
> problems using apt. Also, the errors seem random

Yep. But they only appear with the curses TUI, not in pure commandline
mode.

> sometimes occurring following an update/install, sometimes while
> scrolling through the package list, sometimes going into an
> update/install.

... even when quitting after it saved the packages states. They seem
to be consistent though.

But OTOH I've got aptitude TUI crashes on Sparc-Linux, too. Far less
often, though.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin