support for more network interface drivers with kfreebsd-image

Hello,

Debian with the FreeBSD kernel seems an excellent combination to test
and eventually use it seriously on some of our servers.

I installed Debian/kFreeBSD using the netinstall CDROM image, but
unfortunately the necessary network interface driver was not included.
So I ended with a really minimal system and no network.  All our 64-bit
systems (AMD64 architecture) have either the Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network
Connection (if_em.ko module) or Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM5708 1000Base-T
(if_bce.ko module) network interface cards.

As I understand that the current install CDROM/DVD set is not complete
(it falls back to netinstall), a full install from CDROM is not a
possible path forward to compile our own kernel with the required
network interface drivers.

So here is my request.  Are there if_bce.ko (most preferably) or
if_em.ko available out there?  Could someone provide them (to me) for
the kernel (kfreebsd-image-8.1-1-amd64) on the Debian/kFreeBSD
netinstall image debian-6.0.1a-kfreebsd-amd64-netinst.iso?

Or even better, is it possible to include the if_bce.ko and if_em.ko
with the kernel on the netinstall image?  I think these network
interface cards are quite common with servers, and hopelfully this will
increase the install base of Debian/kFreeBSD.

Thank you for all the good work!

Best,

-- Benno

--