Re: Quota enabled in stock kernel?

tisdag den  4 januari 2011 klockan 23:47 skrev Christoph Egger detta:
> Mats Erik Andersson <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> writes:
> > is the prepackaged kFreeBSD kernel built with enabled
> > support for file system quota? The GENERIC of FreeBSD
> > is not so, thus the question is relevant for GNU/kFreeBSD.
>
>     Doesn't seem so. Both the configuration [0] as well as kldstat -v
> don't mention quota support.

This is in accordance with the error messages that I observe
when testing the preliminary utility.

Personally I am reluctant to build by own kernel for GNU/kFreeBSD,
but I will test the code under a custom kernel in FreeBSD instead.

I vehemently ask the developers in charge to insert that simple

   option QUOTA

for activating quota support for the Debian project port.

Since many releases backwards, OpenBSD has activated quota
support in the GENERIC kernel, but FreeBSD has never followed
suite of some reason unknown to me.

Best regards,

Mats E A