Installing to VMWare

Hello all,

I am joining this list because I would like to port package ipwatchd
(maintained by me) to kfreebsd but right now I am stuck.

I wanted to install kfreebsd into VMWare so I've downloaded image from
http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/kfreebsd-i386/ as suggested by
http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD but the installation did
froze during the disk partitioning phase. Same thing happened with
randomly chosen older image.

I have few beginner's questions:
1. Is it generaly wrong idea to install to VMWare?
2. Why is the latest available image from 21-Mar-2010? Is mentioned
site wrong source for images?
3. Is there any way to get access to  io.debian.net without being DD?
4. Is there any other system available for package maintainers that are not DDs?

--
Kind Regards / S pozdravom

Jaroslav Imrich
http://www.jariq.sk