Re: Default value of net.ipv6.bindv6only should revert to 0

Russ Allbery dixit:

>>> architectures which are expected to be part of Debian.  Debian has
>>> needed to adapt to BSD behavior, non-standard or not, since the project
>>> decided to include the kfreebsd architectures.  That's part of porting.
>
>> What is wrong with porting kfreebsd behaivour instead?
>
>I don't know.  What do the BSD porters think about it?

I'd rather say it's not exactly non-standard behaviour but "the other
one" (dual-stack vs doble-stack). From an implementor's PoV: what does
IPv6 have to do with IPv4 and why should it listen there too? From a
security PoV, the doble-stack setup is preferable (although I perso-
nally would like to see it configurable).

Maybe like this: kfreebsd-* will be relatively buggy in squeeze anyway,
so put it back to 0 for squeeze but not unstable or squeeze+1 and fix
the apps in the meantime. I fixed one (that got removed later tho…), so
it's possible.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
FWIW, I'm quite impressed with mksh interactively. I thought it was much
*much* more bare bones. But it turns out it beats the living hell out of