Re: Fixing the Debian Installer

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 05:20:33PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it's been a while but here it comes: we've had a broken d-i for quite
> a while now. Philipp provided some details in [1] to work around it.
>
>  1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2010/03/msg00086.html
>
> It'd be nice to have someone look into this. parted had been FTBFSing
> lately, but that's now fixed, maybe partman is going to work better
> now.

I have looked a bit over the week-end, and d-i doesn't build anymore due
to the new libparted that has a dependency on libgeom0, and we don't
have a udeb for this one. It happens that this has been fixed already in
the past in the the parted's patch, but that the wrong version has been
used in the new parted. It should be fixed in the next upload.

There was also a few missing problems with freebsd-utils that I have
fixed over the week-end.

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73