Re: hylafax build on kfreebsd

Hi.

currently hylafax package cannot be built on kfreebsd because of a
problem in configure. This script cannot manage to understand how to
create DSO objects. Hylafax create only one DSO object, a private
library named /usr/lib/hylafax/libhylafax.so.

The configure script cannot handle the kfreebsd target type, i.e.,
i686-unknown-kfreebsd8.0-gnu and x86_64-unknown-kfreebsd7.2-gnu, so I
would like some help.

Just as a reference, this is what is done for linux and solaris targets:
   *-linux*)
       if [ "X${DIR_LIB}" != "X/usr/lib" ]; then
           USE_RPATH=' -Wl,-rpath,${LIBDIR}'
       else
           USE_RPATH=''
       fi
       DSOSUF=so
       DSOOPTS='-shared -fpic -Wl,-soname,$@'
       LLDOPTS=$USE_RPATH
       GCOPTS="${GCOPTS} -fpic"
       GCXXOPTS="${GCXXOPTS} -fpic"
       DSO=LINUX

So, my question is: may I use the linux settings on kfreebsd? Should I
change anything?

Yes please, just use

"*-linux*|*-k*bsd*-gnu*)" instead of "*-linux*)" as these options
depends on binutils/gcc/eglibc, which are the same on both targets.

Petr