Re: [patch] pidfile_open (was: devd now running on my box)

Hi!

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 17:59:23 +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:09:19 +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > I was in the process to release a new upstream release for libbsd, and
> > can include those functions. I'll then proceed with an upload to
> > Debian.
>
> Find below a patch against the debian source.
>
> 	* debian/control (Description): Update.
> 	* Makefile (LIB_SRCS): Add pidfile.c
> 	* Versions (LIBBSD_0.2): New.
> 	* include/libutil.h (struct pidfh): New.
> 	(pidfile_open, pidfile_write, pidfile_close, pidfile_remove): New.
> 	* src/pidfile.c: New.  Taken from
> 	http://svn.freebsd.org/base/head/lib/libutil, rev 200601.
> 	(flopen): Merge using flopen.c from the same repo.
>
> I am not sure how you handle the versioning.  I added the new
> functions under a new symbol versioning branch; it seems that is the
> policy for libbsd.
>
> I did not include flopen.c because it is not needed and may conflict
> with other code which uses the same symbol.

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for the patch, although at the end it
seemed easier to pull directly from FreeBSD as it didn't apply anyway
and had to fix some stuff. The new version node was already started in
the git tree. I also opted to just include flopen.c as a separate
module. And had to modify pidfile.c to not use EDOOFUS which is not
present on non-GNU/kFreeBSD, and to allocate pf_path dynamically instead
of using MAXPATHLEN which is not defined on GNU/Hurd, after this there
was no need for the conditional declarations depending on inclusion of
<sys/param.h>.

I've already uploaded the new version to Debian.

thanks
guillem