Install ??

Followed the install through the return out of Alt-F3 back to Freebsd sysinstall. Instructions didn't mention any additional steps once back to sysinstall. Exited out. At boot the system comes up to a command line login. Entered root and the root prompt comes up without asking for passwd. That may be by design as I don't recall user setup ever running. Xserver-xorg isn't in the system and none of the debian package stuff is available either. I think I have missed some setup steps. Are there additional setup steps to take once back to sysinstall? Is xorg version from freebsd or debian? Should I start over( on vitualbox so not a big deal ) or can I continue with sysinstall from the command line or CD image?