Re: Warning about the use of ZFS on kfreebsd-i386 (was: Re: r65817 - in trunk/packages/partman/partman-zfs: check.d debian)

Quoting Cyril Brulebois (kibi@debian.org):
> Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> (04/12/2010):
> > > I unmarked this for translation.
> > >
> > > My opinion, indeed, is that if ZFS is unsafe on kfreebsd-i386,
> > > then partman-zfs should no tbe kfreebsd-any but only
> > > kfreebsd-amd64
> >
> > As suggested by Robert, I bring this to -bsd as well.
> >
> > My main point was that adding a new debconf template to a D-I
> > package is, at this moment of the release process, not an
> > option. Particularly if that template is about warning users for
> > potential problems.
>
> Alternative way: keep it available on kfreebsd-i386, but do not make
> use/propose it from d-i (for a while)?

Well, if partman-zfs is "Arch: kfreebsd-amd64", this is exactly what
will happen. It doesn't prevent using ZFS on kfreebsd-i386 but the
filesystem won't be offered *in D-I* as an option for i386 installs.