Re: RFC: future size of embed area in partition labels

2010/11/22 Robert Millan <rmh@debian.org>:
>> Let's just dig into the reason why the embedding area is small in the
>> cases you've seen.  I suspect that it may just be a simple bug, and
>> won't require policy changes to fix.
>
> I'm short on time currently but I'll hopefully be able to do this
> before the release.

I tried to reproduce this problem by creating a 63-aligned
partition and running the installer, asking partman to use
the entire disk.  It generated 2048-aligned partitions as
expected.  I suppose this bug is fixed, or perhaps it only
happens under more strange circumstances that I can't
reproduce anymore.

I wouldn't worry about it then.