Re: [Glibc-bsd-commits] r3188 - trunk/freebsd-utils/debian

2010/9/19, Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>:
> ... this is not enough as we don't want to generate another
> .orig.tar.gz. Do you mind adding the sources as a patch until we
> generate a new .orig.tar.gz?

Done.

Btw, I figured how to use geom_uzip to generate mfsroot images
that remain compressed.  A uzipped image can be used as mfsroot
if zlib.ko and geom_uzip.ko are loaded and "/dev/md0.uzip" is used
as boot device:

        kfreebsd_module /boot/mfsroot.uzip type=mfs_root
        kfreebsd_module_elf /boot/kernel/zlib.ko
        kfreebsd_module_elf /boot/kernel/geom_uzip.ko
        set kFreeBSD.vfs.root.mountfrom=ufs:/dev/md0.uzip

I tried using this as an alternate solution to #596577, but then
the filesystem becomes readonly, which makes a usable D-I
environment cumbersome to setup.