Re: GNU/kFreeBSD debian-installer

--- On Wed, 8/18/10, Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> wrote:
> Please test it on your machine or favorite virtualization software and
> report the issues on the mailing list. Please note that ext2 support is
> slightly broken (wrong entry in /etc/fstab), it should be fixed in
> tomorrow's build.

I tested today's kfreebsd-amd64 netboot ISO (http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/kfreebsd-amd64/20100821-10:40/netboot/mini.iso), tried installing on ext2 and found these problems:

o After partitioning, I get an error saying "Your root partition has not been configured with the UFS file system. This is needed by your machine in order to boot. Please go back and use UFS file system." (luckily it can be skipped)

o GRUB is not installed. Selecting the menu option to install GRUB does nothing (the installer returns to main menu silently). I suppose it has to do with ext2 option?