Re: any known-good installer ISOs?

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Brett Dikeman <brett.dikeman@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Could not stat device /dev/ad0 - No such file or directory"
> "ERROR!!!"
> (Retry / Cancel)

So, after a reboot, the install has made it at least as far as
retrieving files from a mirror for the install. However it is
presently maxxing out all my processor cores and hasn't moved beyond
the 98th file.

Oh, another weird bug: in VirtualBox, grub displays "32 bit" as a boot
choice.  The exact same disk image, burned to a CD and popped into a
Dell desktop, says "64 bit".

However, it then kernel-panics with an error about ohci (and ignores a
keypress to keep from rebooting so I can better read what came up on
the console.)  I also saw something about "Uptime 1s", if that helps.

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Thorsten Glaser <tg@mirbsd.de> wrote:

> In short, do not, ever, use Virtualbox for anything, period.

Theo, is that you?

-B