Re: Unable to install on amd64 system

2010/3/25 Joachim Wiedorn <ad_debian@joonet.de>
Hello,

I have tried to install debian kfreebsd on an amd64 (Athlon 64 CPU).
I used the d-i.debian.org "mini.iso" of 24.03.2010.

The CD starts in the usual way.

Searching a new IP-adress about DHCP is successfull. It get the address
over the LAN from my little server. So it seems the network interface
works.

My installing stopping at the point where I should select the apt-mirror.
After selection all attempts failed. On the 4. tty I can see that wget
shwo an error / warning that it cannot find the given internet address:
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/.../Release
My direct tests on console with wget says that wget cannot find
'ftp.de.debian.org'.

I have tested with 'ifconfig' and it is o.k.
But it works with IPv4 + IPv6. This could be a problem.

I cannot test with 'route' and I don't know how I can set a new route. The
route command seems to work in another way as with linux.

And I cannot do 'ifdown' or 'ifup' - unknown commands.

How can I install successfully kfreebsd system?

try ping ftp.de.debian.org, if you can't then check the dns setting (/etc/resolv.conf ?)
to set default route
# route add default gw <gateway's IP>

Fondest regards,
 Joachim Wiedorn