Re: porting userland ppp to kfreebsd

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:22, anarcat@koumbit.org said:

> Could you clarify this? Are you saying I duplicated existing work and
> that you already had userland ppp working? Is it with upstream's
> usr.sbin/ppp?

Yeah, I have userland ppp working as a client.  It was a mere

 mkdir /var/spool/lock

> How about PPPoE? Anybody managed to do some of that?

I have not tested it.  From my experience with OpenBSD I suggest to use
kernel ppp to connect to a fast DSL line.  On a slow box the userland
ppp is a severe bottleneck.  I have no idea whether this works on
kfreebsd.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner