Re: integrating Debian GNU/kFreeBSD into InstallingDebianOn?

On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 10:25 +0100, Alan BRASLAU wrote:

> Being optimistic and naively believing that kfreebsd is near to being
> released for mainstream Debian, I installed kfreebsd-i386 on an older
> machine that was in need of a complete re-install from scratch.
> My conclusions for the moment is that it is only marginally usable.

That is a shame. Hopefully the squeeze freeze delay can give the
kFreeBSD porters time to find and fix these issues.

> Some applications are simply missing and compile (and run)
> seemingly without problems from Debian sources. One such
> example that I have found is povray. Why is this so?

povray is in non-free, it may be that no autobuilders exist for non-free
for kfreebsd-* yet. Someone may need to contact the non-free buildd
network maintainers to get support for the new ports added.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise