From: "Bill Nickels" <billnickels@hotmail.com>
To: "Petr Salinger" <Petr.Salinger@seznam.cz>
Cc: debian-bsd@lists.debian.org
Sent: Tuesday, February 2, 2010 2:19:54 PM
Subject: Re: gnome install dependency update-binfmts (Linux Only)

Petr Salinger wrote:
>> This procedure completed the install but, the keyboard isn't present
>> in gnome. So, I can't sign in.
>> Any suggestions?
>
> I am unsure whether I understand your problem.
>
> Try i.e.
> apt-get install --no-install-recommends gnome-applets gnome-office
> gnome-utils
>
> Or the X by "apt-get install xorg"
>
> Petr

I can complete the:

  apt-get install --no-install-recommends xorg gnome

Then when the gnome log on window expects input of user name the
keyboard characters don't show in the window. I thought that maybe echo
was off but, there was no response when I continued to enter the user
name. I could not get any response nor get to a terminal to hunt for a
cause.