Re: State of IPv6 on Debian GNU/kFreeBSD

Hi Marcus,

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 01:14:40PM +0100, Marcus Stoegbauer wrote:
> In addition, ifup is broken when using the inet6 address family. There
> seems to be missing at least one "inet6" missing for the ifconfig statement.

Ok, that's important to fix, of course, too.

> > Another thing I noticed is that traceroute6 (not tcptraceroute6) is
> > missing on kfreebsd. Reason seems to be a FTBFS which is said to be
> > closed with 2.0.7-1 (according to http://bugs.debian.org/403768) but
> > according to https://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=traceroute and my
> > installation still is present since then:
>
> My installation doesn't have a traceroute6 package but suggests to
> install ndisc6 instead. And with that comes:
>
> evil:/var/log# update-alternatives --list traceroute6
> /usr/bin/rltraceroute6

Ah, saw that one in "apt-file search traceroute" but didn't expect it
to be an alternative (as in /etc/alternatives) for traceroute6.

Thanks for that hint.

		Regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | abe@noone.org (Mail+Jabber)