From: "Luca Favatella" <slackydeb@gmail.com>
To: debian-bsd@lists.debian.org
Cc: debian-live@lists.debian.org
Sent: Monday, September 7, 2009 11:08:46 PM GMT +02:00 Athens, Beirut, Bucharest, Istanbul
Subject: Re: debian-installer daily images

On 07/09/2009, Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br> wrote:
[...]
> Now (if you people don't bark on me for reporting duplicate bugs when
> I'm partly offline :)), it would be a good thing to have "official" live
> CDs for the platforms, to show off what is accomplished up to this
> point (and call for more help), and how usable it is (perhaps to get
> more users for the port).

Last week I quickly played a bit with Debian Live [0] on
kfreebsd-i386, with no results.

If I remember well (from #debian-kbsd and #debian-live)
* unionfs should be used instead of aufs
* ufs should be used instead of squashfs
* live-initramfs [1] should be ported first, and then live-helper [2]
* to port live-initramfs, only chroot, debootstrap and a hacked
live-initramfs are needed

Cheers,
Luca Favatella

[0] http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/