Buildd activity

Hi folks,

just to let you (especially Petr) know, I'm currently giving back a
lot of packges that were previously in Maybe-Failed state. Until a few
days ago, those were so numerous that it was hard to keep track of all
of them, but given the recent successful builds of hal, gnome, kde,
and xorg, I'm trying hard to mark those packages as Failed explicitly,
pointing to the existing bugreports, or opening bugs when the FTBFS is
observed on all architectures (even if I don't have a patch at that
moment), or when I have no precise idea marking them as “needs
porting” (please keep in mind I receive several hundreds of build logs
everyday, I can't look into the details for each of them right
now).

Some packages will stay in Maybe-Failed for a few hours/days, until
mysql gets decrufted (mostly: we're waiting for mips's build of mysql
to be ready, so that an old mysql package gets removed, so that
everyone needing mysql to build can be at least tried).

I'm also trying to make sure both ki and ka have the same set of
packages (although some packages were built on one and not on another
a few months back, and those packages FTBFS now).

You're still welcome to point to specific problems on
$arch@buildd.debian.org if some things need action, of course!

Next steps will probably be marking a bunch of packages as not-for-us
(which is local to the buildds), then reporting them to this list for
review here, and finally asking for P-a-s entries once we reached
consensus (this list is harder to update since it relies on other
people, it's not as easy to tweak as N-f-u), and of course trying to
port more packages. And of course NMU long-standing FTBFS bugs, be
them kfreebsd-specific, or happening on every arch (there are dozens
of them).

Mraw,
KiBi.