Re: catch 22 - manual upload of qt4-x11 for GNU/kFreeBSD needed

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 09:04:06AM +0200, Petr Salinger wrote:
> Hi again.
>
>>> phonon  Build-Depends on libqt4-dev
>>> qt4-x11 Build-Depends on libphonon-dev
>>>
>>> Therefore a manual build of qt4-x11 will be needed for both GNU/kFreeBSD
>>> architectures. All others Build-Depends of qt4-x11 are available.
>>
>> Unfortunately this is not yet possible, as the build-dependencies of
>> phonon are not all available. We are facing a lot bigger
>> build-dependency loop through avahi and pulseaudio and maybe gnome.
>> It looks like the next things to get is all the build-dependencies of
>> xine-lib that are not in the big build-depends loop.
>
> I thought, it is possible to install "all others Build-Depends of qt4-x11"
> from debian.org, install libphonon-dev and its dependents (libphonon4,
> libqt*4*) from debian-ports.org, build qt4-x11 and upload it into debian.org.
>
>> From debian/rules of qt4-x11:
>
> config.status:
> 	./configure
> 		-phonon \
> 		-no-phonon-backend \
>
> common-install-arch::
> 	# Use system phonon
>         rm -f lib/*phonon* debian/tmp/usr/lib/*phonon*
>
> So it looks like whole purpose of Build-Depends on libphonon-dev is
> to get Dependency lines for libqt4-webkit and qt4-demos packages.

Technically it is clearly possible, but we have been asked to bootstrap
the kfreebsd-* architectures again. So if I understand correctly, what
we should do is:
- build qt4 using phonon from debian-ports.org
- build phonon using the just built qt4
- rebuild qt4 using the just built phonon

Upload both resulting packages. But if the build-dependency loop is very
long and difficult to break, we may end-up doing what you suggest.

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73