Re: [RFC] Removal of kfreebsd-6 from the archive?

On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 21:17 +0100, David Given wrote:

> Has the installer been upgraded to use kfreebsd-7 yet?

Yes, the "20090117" image defaults to a 7.x kernel.

Aurelien Jarno wrote:

> That's why I propose the removal of kfreebsd-6 from the archive. What
do
> you think?

I can't see any reason to keep kfreebsd-6 around. Keeping it and
possibly having people install and use it (for whatever reason) will
probably just cause more headaches and work in the future.

Perhaps focusing on a single kernel version/release might even make
things easier for the d-i porting effort.

--
Joshua