Re: devname in glibc-bsd

Hi!

[ Replying on debian-bsd@lists.debian.org, and BCCing glibc-bsd-devel
  as this latter is defunct and mostly no one is subscribed there anymore.
  Please use the former from now on, thanks. ]

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 11:52:40 +0200, Resul Cetin wrote:
> I have an application which needs to call devname to get the actual name of a
> device in /dev. It worked perfectly on FreeBSD, but I cannot find the function
> call on GNU/kFreeBSD port of debian. Is this a known problem or does there
> exist patches which address such a problem?

This function can be found in the libfreebsd-dev package in
GNU/kFreeBSD, but be advised this is not yet a portable interface, and
your package will not build on other GNU systems. In the future we'll
try to abstract this (and other such functions) and probably move them
to libbsd.

regards,
guillem