Re: porting libburnia to kfreebsd

Hi,

> # genisoimage -o - /tmp/cdrskin-0.7.5 | cdrskin/cdrskin dev=/dev/cd0 -
> Track 01: Total bytes read/written: 13455360/13455360 (6570 sectors).

Great. Thanks a lot.

It is quite a while that i had a success report
from FreeBSD. One never knows whether a
regression sneaked in.

The next release 0.7.6 of libburn will be out in
a few weeks. In case of urgency i could make
a patch release 0.7.4.pl02.
If the Debian project decides to make its own
patched libburn for now:
derive it from
   libburn-0.7.4.pl01.tar.gz
as submitted to the build demon, and not from the
half cooked cdrskin-0.7.5 tarball.
(It is ok for testing cdrskin but not for a
 system wide installed libburn.so.)

More volunteer testers wanted:

The next step would be to replace genisoimage
by
  xorriso -as mkisofs -o - /tmp/cdrskin-0.7.5 | ...

and next to omit the pipe and cdrskin

  xorriso -dev /dev/cd0 \
          -blank as_needed \
          -map /tmp/cdrskin-0.7.5 /

and next to try the stuff which outperforms
mkisofs as described on
  http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/xorriso_eng.html

I assume that the Debian xorriso is linked with
libburn dynamically. So the binary package should
now have the ability to work with CD drives on
kfreebsd.
One would just have to install libburn.so from
the build tree:
  make install
and to try the examples on the xorriso web page
under
  "Command Examples:"
resp. from the end of
  man xorriso

In case of problems: send me bug reports.
(Check by ldd whether really libburn.so is linked
 and by ls -l whether it is really new.)

> So, please just solve the $target/$target_os mix in acinclude.m4,
> i.e. with above suggested patch.

Now it looks like this:

  case $target_os in
    linux*)
      ARCH=linux
      LIBBURN_ARCH_LIBS=
      ;;
    freebsd*)
      ARCH=freebsd
      LIBBURN_ARCH_LIBS=-lcam
      LIBBURNIA_PKGCONFDIR=$(echo "$libdir" | sed 's/\/lib$/\/libdata/')/pkgconfig
      ;;
    kfreebsd*-gnu)
      ARCH=freebsd
      LIBBURN_ARCH_LIBS=-lcam
      ;;

(Thanks for your tolerance towards my purely
 heuristic approach to autotools.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas