Re: using d-i to install kfreebsd-i386 from usb

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 09:50:12AM +1100, Joshua Cummings wrote:
> I used the d-i image to install kfreebsd-i386 on my eeepc 701 a couple
> of days ago. I basically extracted the CD contents and installed GRUB to
> the USB stick.

GRUB supports booting from USB sticks (from GRUB perspective, they're the
same as normal hard drives), if you install it using grub-install with
appropiate --root-directory parameter.

For non-root generation of USB images, grub-setup requires some adjustment.
It's somewhere in my TODO but I haven't got around to do this yet.

Seeing that it's important to you, I think I'll be able to allocate some
time next week to take care of this.