Re: Issues with current state of GNU/kFreeBSD

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 07:32:37AM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 10:27:31PM -0500, Julián Moreno Patiño wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I get to install d-i kfreebsd with some local hacks (chroot /target and then
> > apt-get install grub-pc) =p

> > > dpkg-reconfigure kbdcontrol
> > >

> I see now. kbdcontrol is defaulting to a be kernel (the first in the
> list). We should also understand why the choice doesn't appear during
> the installation (probably too low priority).

This should be fixed if you use an up to date mirror.

> > I fixed my problem with this command, but after reboot. and I have this
> > problem on debian installer when start installing base system.
> >
> > I have some problems with set users passwords, I can't login in the system,
> > then of the installation the file /etc/shadow is in wrong format, I don't
> > know if it is coding.
> >
> > cat /etc/shadow
> > @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
> >
> > I fixed this issue recreating shadow file and setting same configuration of
> > my sysinstall installation.
> > cat /etc/shadow
> > root:erase_password:14466:0:99999:7:::
> > daemon:*:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > bin:*:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > sys:*:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > sync:*:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > games:*:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > man:*:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > lp:*:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > mail:*:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > uucp:*:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > proxy:*:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > www-data:*:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > backup:*:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > list:*:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > irc:*:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > gnats:*:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > nobody:*:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > libuuid:!:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > Debian-exim:!:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > sshd:*:14437:0:99999:7:::
> > junix:erase_password:14437:0:99999:7:::
> >

> Strange, I'll have a look

This is because the installation was not complete, adding the user is
done after installing grub.

> > After, the file /etc/fstab is misconfigured.
> > http://imagebin.ca/view/c-OqOc.html (dmesg: mount options <defaults> is
> > unknown,  and cat /etc/fstab)
> >
> > http://imagebin.ca/view/VEXGJX.html (Sysinstall settings /etc/fstab)
> >
> > I've changed default for rw and I get booting my first installation :) =D
>
> I'll also have a look. Anyway it seems that you don't have the latest
> svn version for partman-target, at least the /proc and /sys target are
> correct in my local tests.

This should be fixed in the current SVN.

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73