Re: Breaking the gnome-ish dependency loop

Hi again.

Petr Salinger <Petr.Salinger@seznam.cz> (08/08/2009):
>> If the goal is to upload a minimum number of manually-built packages
>> to the archive, it might be interesting to only upload the librsvg
>> binaries, so that gnome-icon-theme becomes installable on the
>> buildds, making it possible to autobuild pygtk and avahi at least.
>> gnome-vfs would then need to wait until an upload fixing #529827
>> happens. I'm not sure it would a good idea to upload the binaries
>> built from a half-fixed half-dirtily-hacked gnome-vfs package, but
>> that might help speeding up things.
>
> IMHO, the start should be to upload manually-built libgsf or libsvrg
> into archive and let buildd do what they can.

Sure. My phrasing still sucks, looks like. I'm doing manually: pygtk,
avahi, gnome-vfs (now fixed), libgsf, and then finally librsvg, which
I'll finally upload (at least for kfreebsd-i386), and the buildds will
(re)do the others.

I'll coordinate with Aurélien for kfreebsd-amd64.

> Please do not reschedule all packages until packages from imagemagick
> are available. Unfortunately, currently imagemagick is provided by
> graphicsmagick-imagemagick-compat and libmagick++-dev is provided
> graphicsmagick-libmagick-dev-compat.  Sometimes packages FTBFS,
> otherwise they are linked against different  libraries compared to
> linux architectures.

There's nothing to reschedule anyway, there are a couple of dep-waits
set, and other packages currently marked as BD-Uninstallable might
become ready to build. We'll see how it goes.

I'll look at imagemagick after that. Do you have any packages in mind?

Mraw,
KiBi.