Re: kFreeBSD progress report week 8

Hi,

just to avoid double work:

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 02:03:16AM +0200, Luca Favatella wrote:
> While debugging netcfg, I discovered that "/var/log/syslog" is not
> created, even manually executing syslogd. Currently, in d-i, BusyBox
> syslogd is used.
> Even without syslogd working,

You know that you can read busybox' syslog with "logread" and "logread
-f"? (Not sure if the busybox build in d-i supports that, but I would
expect it.)

Slightly offtopic: I intend to provide[1] a .deb package which enables
busybox' syslog as syslogd replacement on Debian.

  [1] http://bugs.debian.org/537623

> I managed to go forward in netcfg debug manually running "dhclient
> ed0" [din3] (thanks to Julián Moreno Patiño): the "ip" command is
> not found, because the dhclient-script used in the dhcp3-client udeb
> is Linux specific; on the deb package, there is a different script
> for GNU/kFreeBSD and GNU/Linux, but the GNU/kFreeBSD version needs
> "ifconfig" and "route". I considered porting and switching to
> BusyBox udhcpc.

AFAIK Otavio Salvador managed yesterday at DebCamp to move d-i away
from dhclient and IIRC to udhcpc.

		Regards, Axel
--
Axel Beckert - abe@deuxchevaux.org, abe@noone.org - http://noone.org/abe/