libbsd on kfreebsd-i386 contains unresolved symbols

Package: libbsd-dev
Version: 0.1.3-1
Severity: important

http://buildd.debian-ports.org/fetch.php?pkg=mksh&arch=kfreebsd-i386&ver=38.1-1&stamp=1243464766&file=log&as=raw

Excerpt from the autoconf-style checks:

... if the compiler works
$ cc -Wall -g -O2  -I. -I'../../mksh'  -DMKSH_BINSHREDUCED                       -include /usr/include/bsd/b
sd.h             -D_GNU_SOURCE   scn.c -lbsd || rm -f ${tcfn}*
] /usr/lib/gcc/i486-kfreebsd-gnu/4.3.3/../../../libbsd.so: undefined reference to `N_SYMSIZE'
] collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
==> if the compiler works... no

Thusly, linking a simple no-op programme with libbsd fails.