Resp.: Resp.: network problem- can't resolve hosts

Success! Or at least so far. The connection problem was a typical noob
mistake: I uncommented
the dhcp section in /etc/network/interfaces, and everything is working
correctly.  It's just a question of checking the configuration files.
Of course I'm now getting HAL errors...
Thanks for the help!