WPA / fwip?

I'd like to experient with d/bsd as I think it's an extremely
interesting idea, and one I've been looking for for a while.

Unfortunately, my test hardware is rather elderly and is a bit lacking
in ports. This means that my only networking options are wireless, and
I'm a WPA shop not a WEP one, or else --- wait for it --- ethernet over
Firewire. (Or a serial cable, but I'd really rather not go there.)

For the first, does d/bsd support WPA yet? I notice that there seems to
be no wpasupplicant package.

For the second, the supplied FreeBSD kernel only appears to include the
fwe driver, which is alas non-standard. I'd need the fwip driver in
order to interoperate with Linux. Is there any reason why fwip isn't
built other than that nobody's needed it before --- as it is rather
niche? If not, can anyone point me at a guide on how to build and
install my own kernel?

--
Antix Labs is a limited company registered in England No. 6664221.
Registered Office: 4 Arcot Court, Nelson Industrial Estate,

T: +44 (0)118 357 0 357
F: +44 (0)118 357 0 358
E: info@antixlabs.com
W: http://antixlabs.com/

This email is confidential and intended for the use of the recipient
only. If you have received this email in error, please inform us
immediately and then delete it. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of any organisation or employer. Unless it
specifically states otherwise, this email does not form part of a
contract.