Header changes for FreeBSD's libc ?

Hello guys;

I've been following your project for a while (although I've not been very
constant). I am not a FreeBSD committer or anything like that but I do think
there are excellent benefits for both camps in what you are doing: in
particular it can only be good for FreeBSD to be able to build and use other
libc's out of the box.

I found this (almost certainly outdated) posting on glibc's list:
http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2002-10/msg00326.html

I just checked in my BSD sources and I found that at least 5 of the mentioned
functions should be elsewhere according to POSIX. I filed PR standards/123688
so that at least there is some record that those functions should be moved in
those headers. I would like to encourage you guys to submit a follow up
(patches welcome) to address the POSIX compatibility issues that might be a
problem for building glibc.

Also please note, glibc has some non-standard behaviour that won't be accepted
upstream, especially if they collide with BSD legacy code. I think we could
have something in the base like ifdef GLIBC_SOURCES but that could be done
later.

best regards,

    Pedro.

Scopri il Blog di Yahoo! Mail: trucchi, novità, consigli... e la tua opinione!
http://www.ymailblogit.com/blog/