Re: bsdstats.org client for kFreeBSD - here it is :-)

markus schnalke dixit:

>So I modified the one from MirBSD

which a) works under Debian GNU/kFreeBSD (I use it there) and b) just
has a "Depends: mksh" line to be added. (See below.)

I don’t quite like the GNU bash changes ☺

11:16⎜*T* Topic for #gnu-kbsd: http://www.debian.org/ports/kfreebsd-gnu/ | everyone, try
     ⎜    http://www.mirbsd.org/cvs.cgi/src/share/misc/bsdstats?rev=HEAD;content-type=text%2Fplain (you'll need
     ⎜    netcat, mksh, sharutils, openssl, and optionally bind9-host)
11:16⎜*T* Topic for #gnu-kbsd set by mirabilos on Tue May  15 21:44:25 2007

>and constructed a Debian package.

Thanks, I didn’t get around to do that.

>It's not that clean by now, but it works (currently supporting system
>and cpu report).

The original script also reports “ports” (i.e. software installed via
dpkg) to the bsdstats.org site, like for the other BSDs.

>I appreciate feedback of any kind

Same here - if you _really_ need to change something in the script,
I’m willing to put it in upstream. Switching away from mksh is not,
however, considered polite ☻

bye,
//mirabilos
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt