Re: Any chance for a more reliable mirror?

Hi Frank!

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 03:43:44PM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> http://archive.gnuab.org/ seems to be down again. More annoyingly when I
> try to download from there it times out, and doesn't fail immediatly.
> This causes the packages.debian.org cron job to wait for
> hours. I can probably fix this specific problem by myself, but during
> investigating this, I also noted that all the mirrors that I list on
> packages.debian.org don't actually seem to carry the gnuab archive
> anymore. Does anyone know why? Are there other mirrors available?
> Do you need more mirrors?

First of all sorry for the downtime of gnuab.org. It is actually
hardware/network failures. We are currently trying to get the archive
included in the debian.org archive, that should probably happens soon
for kfreebsd-i386. For kfreebsd-amd64, we probably have to find a more
reliable hosting.

About the mirrors it looks like both ftp.de.debian.org and
ftp.easynet.be stopped to mirror our archive. I am not aware of any
other mirror, so yes at least one mirror in Europe would be
appreciated.

Cheers,
Aurelien