Re: Using ZFS with Debian GNU/kFreeBSD

Hi,

Has anyone tried or been able to use the ZFS bits in FreeBSD's HEAD with
Debian GNU/kFreeBSD?

I am not sure whether would be legally possible to mix
GPL (ext2fs) and CDDL (zfs).

Is there any chance that the current world will
work with the kernel+module from HEAD?

GNU/kFreeBSD (at least basically) works with current (20070530) HEAD.
I have had only one regression - it failed to mount my /home ext2fs
partition from /dev/sdb7 :-(  Please, take a look at
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/glibc-bsd/trunk/kfreebsd-7/debian/patches/
You have to apply at least 007_clone_signals.diff and 010_ET_DYN.diff.

Petr