Re: output of sys.platform changed

On Monday 22 January 2007 17:52, Petr Salinger wrote:
> My guess is that it is taken from an binary from python-2.4 package
> and represents kernel version at time of build.

Then that indeed is a bug.

> > I also verified the installed FreeBSD kernel on my system and it says is
> > kfreebsd-image-5.4-1-486 5.4-21. I don't see any FreeBSD 6.x series
> > kernel image or utility installed on my box.
>
> Well, you should consider upgrade to 6.2 kernel ;-)

Well! I don't think that'd be a solution. There'll be users who'll prefer
sticking to FreeBSD 5.x kernel and there has been no announcement about 5.x
kernel being obsoleted and unsupported. Not even apt has done the upgrade for
me. So I guess unless apt doesn't do the transition to a newer kernel, the
older kernel remains supported.

Ritesh
--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf