Re: Bunch of questions before trying Debian/KfreeBSD

Most importantly, I am looking to maximize free software available to me.  So
I wanted to know, if I run Debian/kfreebsd does this mean I can use the
FreeBSD ports collection in addition to the debian testing repositories?
I would like to know, if there is a ports collection of a package, and a
debian package, does that mean I get to pick and choose which version?

You cannot mix FreeBSD ports collection and debian packages in one directory structure. But you can install whole plain FreeBSD with port
collection in chroot and use it.

am curious if QEMU running Win2k has been tried under Debian/kfreebsd.

QEMU under Debian GNU/kFreeBSD works. I do not expect any differences
for running Win2k from Debian GNU/Linux, but it is up to you to test it.

Petr