Re: Recompiling the kernel

On 20/11/2007, Ian Bonnycastle wrote:
> Hi everyone,

> I'm a new user to kFreeBSD, and I've been trying to figure out how to
> recompile the kernel. I downloaded the kFreeBSD-source package,
> compiled (with some difficulty) the config program under
> sys/usr.sbin/config, but then am stuck trying to use that config
> program. It currently keeps telling me:
> "no ident line specified"
> Am I supposed to be using a custom config with the kFreeBSD config
> command? Or is there a more automatic way to recompile the kernel?

I'm not sure whether you're talking about a FreeBSD tarball or about the
kfreebsd-source-* packages[1].

 1. http://packages.debian.org/kfreebsd-source

Using tools like “dpkg-buildpackage” or “debuild” should be sufficient
once you've fetched the debian source package, unpacked it, and possibly
customized it.

Good luck.

Cyril Brulebois