Postfix error on start up ...

I'm not sure proper ways yet of reporting bugs / problems with individual
packages, so please redirect me if there is somewhere better ...

Due to a requirement for sqlite support in cyrus-sasl, I installed that from
source, and then installed the postfix binary using apt-get:

# dpkg -l | grep postfix
ii  postfix                  2.3.7-3+kbsd                   A high-performance
mail transport agent

but, when I start things up, I get a bunch of errors about sasl:

# /etc/init.d/postfix start
Starting Postfix Mail Transport Agent: postfixpostconf: /usr/lib/libsasl2.so.2:
no version information available (required by postconf)
postconf: /usr/lib/libsasl2.so.2: no version information available (required by
postconf)
/usr/sbin/postconf: /usr/lib/libsasl2.so.2: no version information available
(required by /usr/sbin/postconf)
[...]

I'm coming from a FreeBSD world, and its ports system, so maybe I built
something wrong with cyrus-sasl2 ... ?

Thanks ...

- ----