Re: ACL support

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 07:17:24PM +0000, Brian M. Carlson wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 07:21 -0400, waldeck@hk2.uwaterloo.ca wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried to configure ACL via foolowing entry in /etc/fstab
> >
> > # Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump    Pass#
> > /dev/ad0s1a             /               ufs     rw,acls         1       1
> >
> > # setfacl -m u:dau1:r acltest
> > setfacl: acltest: Function not implemented
> >
> > Is it possible to use ACL in GNU/kFreeBSD?

Perhaps.  Our kernel provides ACLs, just with a different interface.  I suggest
you have a look at attr.diff in our patch directory.  It contains wrapper
functions that *should* provide a usable, Linux-like interface to ACLs.

As for the ENOSYS you get (Function not implemented), it'd be interesting to
know which syscall actualy caused it (setfacl could be one of those wrappers,
in case the patch is applied; I don't even know wether it's applied, though).