Re: FreeBSD support to Parted [was: Re: Fixed RC bug in frozen parted : #392767: [mac] parted is unable to reread partition tables created by d-i/partman.

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 05:30:49PM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> [ I've dropped the non-related mail addresses from the CC line ]
>
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
> > On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 08:08:26PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm sorry.  Please feel free to disable the patch; I'm thinking it was not a
> >> good idea to apply it in the package before it was merged upstream (as it was
> >> about to, last time I visited this).
> >>
> >> Apologises for the hassle.
> >
> > No problem, i am happy we found it before the release though.
> >
> > Will you be able to work out a better/cleaner patch ? And work with us to
> > merge it upstream ?
>
> Robert and Sven,
>
> I would like to start a separated branch for it on darcs (parted is
> moving to darcs just after 1.8 release but we already have the
> repository available for hacking on the 2.0 basis) and then make it
> available on upstream version on 2.0 or even on 1.8.x release
> depending how deeply are the changes.
>
> Robert, would you mind if I provide you the repository for us start to
> work on that?

Hi Otavio,

Quoting myself (from the mail I sent 1 min ago):

> The patch isn't mine;  I grabbed it from upstream while it was in the process of
> being merged.  Its author was already working with upstream for a merge at that
> time, and I sent him my input to ensure the patch works on GNU/kFreeBSD as well
> as FreeBSD.
>
> For the debian side, I think it's safer to pull it from upstream when it's time
> to.  I don't want to risk having further problems.

My spam trap is honeypot@aybabtu.com.  Note: this address is only intended for
spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.