I see archives, but.....?

	Gents,

	I see archives on "porting BSD to Debian" from May, 1999.  There
	have been times when I thought porting the Free andor NetBSD
	*kernel* and mixing it with both the Berkeley and GNU utilities
	was DEAD.  But, unless the archives are mostly spam, I was wrong.

	I've used FBSD since v. 2.0.5, and it has only had one "fatal
	trap" since.  Right now I use BSD on my DNS server and two other
	local servers.  Anything new is Ubuntu.

	What I'm wondering is whether there will be a version of
	Debian-BSD  that will be as bulletproof as the Berkeley distros
	with the ease-of-use of Debian.  Guesses, SWAG, or other insights
	welcome.

	tia, y'all.

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix