Re: gnome / kde / xfce4

Today i installed base system of kfreeBSD. Here everything goes ok, but
when trying to install gnom or kde with apt-get then getting some
dependences problem ?

It might be due to version skew in kfreeBSD.
Unfortunately, you have to specify version for arch all packages :-(

Try "apt-cache policy kdebase" to get the idea.

Kde can be installed by

apt-get install kdebase="4:3.5.1-1+kbsd" kdebase-data="4:3.5.1-1+kbsd"

btw, i am getting some warning after apt-get update about trasted public
key.

See http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_FAQ
"Q. apt-get complains that it can't verify binaries. I installed gnupg but the errors persist."

You can add into /etc/apt/apt.conf

APT::Get::AllowUnauthenticated "true";

WHat source i will use for best support on apt ??

deb http://ftp.gnuab.org/debian unstable main
deb http://ftp.gnuab.org/debian unreleased main
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/

Or some nearby mirror.

is this possible to chroot to pure debian on another partation ??

See http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_FAQ
"Q. Can I run Debian GNU/kFreeBSD in a chroot under FreeBSD?"

Mentioned patches can be found on
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/glibc-bsd/trunk/kfreebsd-6/debian/patches/&sc=1

Without at least 007_clone_signals.diff and 010_ET_DYN.diff system
will be very limited, may be unusable.

Petr