postfix patch

Hi,

I'm working on getting postfix built natively on GNU/kFreeBSD (and GNU/Hurd). I took the patch I made a long time ago. The GNU/Hurd patch, which is already in the Debian postfix package, is almost similar (should be, because it's mostly cut&paste).

The one thing Wietse Venema is worried about is locking.

For FreeBSD following is defined:

#define HAS_FLOCK_LOCK
#define HAS_FCNTL_LOCK
#define INTERNAL_LOCK   MYFLOCK_STYLE_FLOCK
#define DEF_MAILBOX_LOCK "flock"

For GNU/kFreeBSD I copied the definitions from Linux2.x:

#define HAS_FLOCK_LOCK
#define HAS_FCNTL_LOCK
#define INTERNAL_LOCK   MYFLOCK_STYLE_FLOCK
#define DEF_MAILBOX_LOCK "fcntl, dotlock"   /* RedHat >= 4.x */

So the question is: Should I keep 'dotlock' in there? I seem to remember that was used on Solaris a long time ago as well. The Linux1.x kernel definitions in postfix use _only_ dotlock.

Is it safe to remove 'dotlock'?

I've tested with and without on my system, but since it's my own little box there's not much usage, plus I'm using maildir for my mailboxes so maybe the box is not busy enough to trigger an error.

Robin