Re: hi!

On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 04:02:56PM +0000, Hannes Hauswedell wrote:
> hi everyone
> after some time i wanted to give debian kfreebsdgnu a try again so i
> downloaded a current snapshot and installed into an image with qemu.
> so far things went well. i even have out-of-the-box internet.
> question: what are the currently used apt-mirrors? i have
>
> deb http://kfreebsd-gnu.debian.net/debian unreleased main
> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-kfreebsd unstable main
> deb	http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian dists/unstable/main/binary-i386

The default sources.list should be fine.

> i get gpg errors for the first two

>From the FAQ (http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_FAQ):

<quote>
Q. apt-get complains that it can't verify binaries. I installed gnupg but the errors persist.

A. You probably don't have the gnuab archive key imported. Try:

gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv CD02E583 && gpg --export CD02E583 | sudo apt-key add -

Note, however, that pure "Architecture: all" packages still can't be verified because of the hack apt uses to get them from official archive.
</quote>

> and many packages seem not be available...

Currently we have 77% of the archive ported.  The missing packages just fail to
build for some reason (check www.buildd.net).

> i tried kde for example, which is supported nowadays, is it not? at least it
> worked on ging.

It should be.  However, since we're tracking unstable, things might break
temporarily sometimes.  Is kde-core currently uninstallable?