Re: Autobuilder update

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 03:28:21PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 09:02:03PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > > It's been about a week since I started the autobuilder.  It has not been
> > > running 24/7, but in that time it has built 1023 packages.  These
> > > packages for NetBSD are available in my repository (see my earlier mails
> > > for halp on that).  The packages presently available are:
> >
> > Oh, cool - that's a much large number than I'd expected at this point.
> > It's likely that some number of the packages that built will be broken
> > in some way, but that's inevitable in any port. What would be handy
> > would be a set of packages that fail to build - what would be even more
> > useful would be some means of working out which ones are the most
> > important blockers.
>
> I do have lists.  However, before they become generally useful,
> we need a dinstall or mini-dinstall set up so that more people than just
> me to be able to upload.  I do know how to set this up, but my time is
> limited right now.  If somebody else would like to volunteer to set it
> up, that would be cool.  (If it can use the existing .debs in my
> repository, that would be even better; remember that I do not have
> .changes for them, though.)

debpool was written largely to deal with exactly this. It'll pick up from
anywhere you can get packages to, and should take very little to get going
(doesn't even require Debian, per se, just dpkg).

I can set it up somewhere other than where I was going to, since the
hardware still hasn't become available. But I think it does require the
.changes file.

> I suppose I could always make a dropbox in my homedir world-writable,
> and cron something to dpkg-scanpackages from it...

debpool allows you to require that the package be signed by a recognized
GPG key, so it's possible to limit it, even with an anonymous FTP or HTTP
upload area.

> I can tell you that the largest blockers at the moment are:
>
> 1) the various PNG libraries (I can't remember ATM which one failed...
>    I think some worked OK but some wouldn't build.)
> 2) GTK
> 3) the utmp bug (blocks PAM and anything that uses it)
>
> #1 I think I can fix...  #3 probably needs some assistance from someone
> more familiar with libc.  I don't recall what the problem was with #2.
>
> As an aside, in case it's not obvious, the apt in my repository does not
> coredump :-)

Out of curiosity, have you tried to get it to compile netbsd-libc? :)
--
Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>                                        ,''`.
Debian GNU/NetBSD(i386) porter                                       : :' :