Got it working! (sorta)

Hi,

I was able to download Joel's chroot and unpack it onto a NetBSD
installation.  It is more complete than I thought -- great work, Joel!

I observed these problems:

 * apt-get update segfaults every time

 * ed is missing, and when I tried to build it, it segfaulted during
   tests.

 * There is no procps or NetBSD equivolent.

I have built a new binutils and am trying to build a new gcc (it is
failing on some of its torture tests tough, sigh) 3.3.x (same as in
Debian.)  Hopefully that will help, dunno...  If I get the stuff
working, I'll post it.  Let me know if you have any hints.

Also, are there any packages that I absolutely should not build -- ones
that have NetBSD-specific patches applied?

Thanks!

-- John
--
John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>                       www.complete.org