Re: HpcMips Port?

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 11:38 -0400, Mikel Waxler wrote:
> Has there been any work on non I386 ports for debian-bsd?

A couple of proof of concept things have been produced. There's no
massive amount of pain involved once dpkg, apt and gcc have been
produced.

> I have a IBM z50 which has a Mips processor in it and the only viable OS
> to use on it is Netbsd. Support for (almost) all the hardware is there but I an
> not a huge fan of NetBSD's structure.

Is that the neat little Workpad thing? In principle, it's not a major
undertaking. In practice, it'll take you a while to compile
everything :)

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org