Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

[I'm not subscribed to debian-bsd]

4) The Debian port name will become 'Debian GNU/KLNetBSD(i386)'[1].

-----

[1] i386 target, Kernel+Libc of NetBSD, GNU userland, Debian distribution

It is when I see things like this that I wish we could just call the thing "Debian OS", or "Debian software distribution", or hell, "Debian". Something agnostic like that.

My perfect scenario: We don't offend anyone, we're not biased towards anyone, and we're not unthankful to anyone, and we support everything anyone has enough interest to support.

The website adopts an architecture-centric mode, and under each arch, listed are the different combinations of kernel/libc/devtools/userland that Debian supports on that given architecture, with advantages and disadvantages, and with a big nice round of "thank yous", with all the (TM)s and (R)s it might require.

I'd happily help craft history pages, explaining every group's contributions to Debian as a whole, so that we put them flashing on the front page.

I know, I know. But I can dream, can't I?

Jordi

--

My english implementation is buggy. Patches are welcome.